By Stephanie O’Quigley.
Yes, I LOVE to workout. No, I’m not spoofing you. I’m probably one of those rare people that actually enjoy’s it and stick’s to a good routine. I am continuing to challenge myself all the time, little by little. It’s as simple as that. But one secret I’ve learnt is that working out to the best of your ability and learning to love hard work, starts with you. You and your mindset.
Listening to my favourite music whilst pumping the guns makes a significant difference to my workout for sure. When my iPod dies, a little bit of my workout dies too. I hate to admit it but it means I always have fresh tunes to keep me focused on the task at hand.
Here are some of my favourite motivational songs that encourage me and take my mind off the workout. Although my own personal music taste is apparent throughout this list, I’ve done my best to mix it up keeping in mind other genres.
My favourites are highlighted and I could probably sing them backwards at this stage! Just for the heads up, there are super dooper cheesy lyrics in most of these 😉
- Linkin Park/Jay-Z – Numb Encore
- Nicki Minaj – Where Them Girls At?
- Mumford & Sons – I Will Wait
- Nonstop II Rudimental ft John Newman – Feel The Love
- Professor Green – D.P.M.O
- Eminem ft Royce Da 5’9 – Where I’m At
- Eminem – Cinderella Man
- Eminem ft Nate Dogg – Till I Collapse
- Florence and the Machine – Shake It Out
- Will.I.Am and Britney Spears – Scream and Shout
- Flo Rida – Good Feeling
- Kid Kudi – The Pursuit of Happiness (Aoki Remix)
- Bad Meets Evil – Fastlane
- Kanye West – New Workout Plan
- Chris Brown – Beautiful People
- Sweedish House Mafia – Anything by them is good!
- Mumford & Sons – The Cave
- Kelly Rowland – Commander
- David Guetta ft Sia – Titanium
- Michael Jackson – Beat It
- Labrinth ft Tinie Tempah – Earthquake
- Eminem ft P!nk – Won’t Back Down
- Drake – Under Ground Kings
- Leona Lewis – Collide
- Kanye West ft Nicki Minaj – Monster
- Paramore – Misery Business
- Eminem – You’re Never Over
- Nicki Minaj – Still I Rise
- Missy Elliot – Do It
- Paramore – For A Pessimist, I’m Pretty Optimistic
- Eminem ft Dr.Dre – Hell Breaks Loose
- Kanye West & Jay-Z – Otis
- Sean Kingston ft Justin Bieber -Won’t Stop
Happy working out everybody & in the words of Eminem, “Loose yourself in the music” 🙂
(In addition, HERE is one of the best fitness and healthy weight loss blogs I’ve come across. Amazing recipes and quotes to inspire you on your journey!)